Create a Site Template - Links not Updating, revert back to original template site RRS feed

• General discussion

• Good day all, This may be one of those questions where it's always done this and I am just now noticing...

I have taken one of my existing sites and am using it as a template to create other sites. Problem is, after the new site is built, using the new template, the default Quick Navigation Menu has the headings: Document, Lists, People and Groups will point back to the original Template site. Is this the way it is and I need to manually change the links each time?

I sure thought it would pick up the new site path and simply add the ( _layouts/viewlists.aspx?BaseType=1 ) to the end of the path...

Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:50 PM

All replies

• Anyone have any ideas? 

Maybe everyone is confused...

So, put another way. Build a new site. Save the site as a Template. Use the new site template to build another new site. Go to the left navigation menu and select documents (The heading) Does it take you to the new site or to the site that was used to create the template?

If it works for you, how should I edit my template site links so that when I use it to create new sites, the links work (point to the correct locations)?

Thursday, October 18, 2012 5:25 PM
  • Anyone
    Friday, October 19, 2012 12:13 PM