none
Could not find installable ISAM. RRS feed

• Question

• I get the following error in my project when running the following code:

// Connect to the Excel Spreadsheet
          string xConnStr = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;" +
          "Data Source=" + filePath + ";" +
          "Extended Properties=Excel 12.0 Xml;HDR=YES";

although installed the Microsoft Acces Database Engine 2007 Redistributable.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:27 PM

Answers

• Give the below syntax a try:

{
    	string xConnStr = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;" + "Data Source=" + filePath + ";" + "Extended Properties=\"Excel 12.0 Xml;HDR=YES\"";
    }

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:52 PM

All replies

• Give the below syntax a try:

{
    	string xConnStr = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;" + "Data Source=" + filePath + ";" + "Extended Properties=\"Excel 12.0 Xml;HDR=YES\"";
    }

Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:52 PM
  • Hi , thank guy it did worked after i installed the Microsoft Acces Database Engine 2007 Redistributable and corrected the connection string.But now that i deployed it to the production server i get an error stating that the "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 " is not registered;

Is there any way i can add reference to the DLL installed by the Microsoft Acces Database Engine 2007 Redistributable or add them to my web App?

Thursday, August 12, 2010 6:25 PM
  • Did you install the Microsoft Access Database Engine to the server? This will be required by your application.
    Friday, August 13, 2010 1:31 AM
  • Hi Paul,

Unfortunately ,i dont have the right to install the Microsoft Access Database Engine, that why im looking at a way of including the component in my project bin if this is possible though.

Thanks

Friday, August 13, 2010 10:51 AM
  • HI, i added reference to the following libraries and added them to my Bin folder:

• Microsoft.Office.Interop.Access.dll
    • dao.dll
    • Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll

Because i've notice that they were part of the VS assemblies, i aslo added the ACEDAO.dll inside the Bin folder.

But the production server still throw the Microsoft.ACE unregistered error,any help?

Friday, August 13, 2010 12:44 PM
  • Unfortunately the Microsoft Access Database Engine cannot be deployed like SQL CE (Compact Edition), where you can simply include the database engine assemblies with your application. It's a separate setup program and requires an actual installation.

Perhaps those responsible for installing applications on the server can install this package. If you are working with a web host provider then it may not be possible if they don't support it. In that case you may want to switch to SQL CE or a database provider supported by the host.

Friday, August 13, 2010 12:49 PM
  • Thanks , well . I need to read the excel file and upload them into a table.But since i can't install the Microsoft ACE, i'll need to devise another ways of doing it that will support both (xlsx ans xls).

Thanks

Friday, August 13, 2010 3:23 PM