none
Sharepoint designer hidden workflows RRS feed

• Question

• hello!
    I can see the workflows for a particular site/list, but my user does not see them in Sharepoint Designer 2007.  I have checked the permissions on the site and they have full control throughout.  I had them disable the contributor settings, upgrade to SP1, removed and re-added their permissions to the site, and nothing works.  Why can't they see the workflows in SPD?  They created the workflows!   Thanks!
    trimetal4
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 8:37 PM

Answers

• Figured it out.  It was the permissions on the document library where the workflows were.  The user had limited access, and once I changed it to full control they could see the workflows in SPD.  Whew!
    trimetal4
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 6:08 PM

All replies

• Do the users create the workflow template (design it) or the workflow instance (start it)?

Thursday, April 9, 2009 10:10 PM
  • Hi Frank,
     They created the workflows in SPD. I am an admin and I can see them in SPD.  They cannot.  The workflows work fine, but the user can no longer edit them in SPD.  I have checked the permissions up and down on the site.  We just migrated to windows 2008 server so that may have something to do with it too.

trimetal4
    Friday, April 10, 2009 12:49 PM
  • Figured it out.  It was the permissions on the document library where the workflows were.  The user had limited access, and once I changed it to full control they could see the workflows in SPD.  Whew!
    trimetal4
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 6:08 PM