none
Can I read system file such as \Windows\Ril.dll using ReadFile and make a copy of it using Write file ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can I read system file such as \Windows\Ril.dll using ReadFile and make a copy of it using Write file ? basically I want to create a copy of one of the system file which come from ROM,  since ROM files cannot be copied , I wanted to if there are any alternatives to do this, i thought i could use ReadFile and WriteFile to copy the content of system file and make a copy of it using writeFile to any partition.

Saturday, August 20, 2011 11:53 AM

Answers

• You can only copy the files from ROM in "FILES" section.
    For the file in "MODULES" section, due to the need of XIP, executable files are extracted and address are pre-allocated, thus the files no longer have original format.
    • Proposed as answer by Misbah Khan Monday, August 22, 2011 5:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mikesharp Monday, August 22, 2011 5:27 AM
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 4:56 PM

All replies

• You can only copy the files from ROM in "FILES" section.
    For the file in "MODULES" section, due to the need of XIP, executable files are extracted and address are pre-allocated, thus the files no longer have original format.
    • Proposed as answer by Misbah Khan Monday, August 22, 2011 5:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mikesharp Monday, August 22, 2011 5:27 AM
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 4:56 PM
  • If I make a duplicate copy of a EXE/DLL file, I see I can't execute it as original, do I need to set any file attributes before executing it ?
    Monday, August 22, 2011 5:43 AM
  • How do you copy the file? From the ROM or another filesystem?
    Usually, you don't need to change the file attribute in order to execute. And it the execution failure could be file name, path and other issues.
    A detail error message from debug build should provide more clues.

Monday, August 22, 2011 7:30 PM