changing direction of object in motion path RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I have an object moving on perimeter of ellipse (created using storyboard + doubleanimation using pathgeometry), and i got everything working. Now I cannot make object move in counter clockwise. I don't want Auto-reverse because the object should always move in counter-clockwise direction.

I tried changing the path geometry

for example path geometry for clockwise <pathgeometry "Mx1,y1 x2,y2 .... x6, y6 x7,y7 x1,y1 z" so to make it couter-clockwise i reversed the path geometry as "Mx1,y1 x7,y7 x6, y6.... x2,y2 x1,y1 z".

I get "unexpected token" error. But using the above techique i can change the starting point of moving object.

how to generate path geometry to move object in counter-clockwise?

Or any other way to achieve this?

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 1:48 AM

Answers

• Hi, For those who care, I found it myself. Using Expression Blend I tried "Reverse" by right clicking Storyboard, but unfortunately it didnt help. And I tried to apply flip transform to Path geometry (for that i just drag and drop image control and applied transform flip x) and just copied that image's flip script and applied to path geometry and done. now object moves in counter-clockwise.

Vivek

• Marked as answer by Sb-vivek Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:15 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Sb-vivek Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:32 AM
    • Edited by Sb-vivek Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:56 AM More details
    • Marked as answer by Sb-vivek Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:56 AM
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:13 AM

All replies

• Hi, For those who care, I found it myself. Using Expression Blend I tried "Reverse" by right clicking Storyboard, but unfortunately it didnt help. And I tried to apply flip transform to Path geometry (for that i just drag and drop image control and applied transform flip x) and just copied that image's flip script and applied to path geometry and done. now object moves in counter-clockwise.

Vivek

• Marked as answer by Sb-vivek Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:15 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Sb-vivek Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:32 AM
    • Edited by Sb-vivek Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:56 AM More details
    • Marked as answer by Sb-vivek Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:56 AM
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:13 AM
  • Thank you for your sharing, Sb-vivek. Other member who has the same question as yours will get a good solution.

Friday, January 20, 2012 10:00 AM