Pin Login Page 8.1 App

Question

• Hello,

I am trying to have a 'login page' popup or display as soon as the app I am making opens. The user will then enter a quick 4 digit code, similar to an unlock code to your phone, which is linked to a database and essentially logs them in. I was searching around but haven't really found anything that suits what I need and don't really know where to start. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Friday, June 06, 2014 8:55 PM

Answers

• There are a lot of variations on this.

One would be to create a UserControl with your unlock UI.

Give the pages that need to be hidden a "LockMe" function which can be called from app.xaml.cs after navigating to the new page. LockMe can create a Popup control, add your UserControl to it, then parent the Popup to the end of the page's container control.

So you don't have to repeat the code everywhere you can create a base LockablePage class containing this.

--Rob

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 10:55 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Create a full screen page with your unlock UI on it and navigate to that page when the app launches. When they enter the code navigate to the real starting page.

Another option would be to navigate to the real page but cover it with a full screen popup with the unlock code.

--Rob

Friday, June 06, 2014 9:14 PM
    Owner
  • Awesome. What would be the best way to do the full screen popup? With using the popup tool or some other toolbox item?

Friday, June 06, 2014 9:19 PM
  • There are a lot of variations on this.

One would be to create a UserControl with your unlock UI.

Give the pages that need to be hidden a "LockMe" function which can be called from app.xaml.cs after navigating to the new page. LockMe can create a Popup control, add your UserControl to it, then parent the Popup to the end of the page's container control.

So you don't have to repeat the code everywhere you can create a base LockablePage class containing this.

--Rob

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 10:55 PM
    Owner