After installing update to an app ,Will the data stored in the old version of app is retained? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In my app,suppose user has configured settings and those are saved in Application Storage.If an update to the existing app is submitted,Will it retain the settings which user has configured in the update app i.e. downloaded from Windows Store?

Monday, June 24, 2013 2:28 AM

Answers

• Yes they will be preserved as long user do not uninstall the application. Updates to app keep them intact.

From msdn - 

Important note about application data:  The lifetime of the application data is tied to the lifetime of the app. If the app is removed, all of the application data will be lost as a consequence. Application Data should not be used to store user data or anything that users might perceive as valuable and irreplaceable. The user's libraries and SkyDrive should be used to store this sort of information. Application Data is ideal for storing app-specific user preferences, settings, and favorites.

See this for more details - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh464917.aspx

Thanks,
    Sachin
    My Samples

Monday, June 24, 2013 3:19 AM