none
Upgrading from VS2010 getting "fatal error LINK1104"

Question

• I've been porting some code over from 2010 to 2015. At various points in different projects I'm getting the "fatal error LINK1104" on .dll's or .lib files. It seems to have no rhyme or reason. Sometimes it on one file, the next time it's on another. I restarted my pc and it compiled great....then next time I compiled, it gave me these errors.   What can be done about this?

Verb001

Thursday, January 05, 2017 4:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Verb001,

Please share me which type project you created?

Please refer to the possible causes from the following MSDN document to exclude possible reasons:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ts7eyw4s.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

In your new project, whether need some libs or dlls from the old project when you copy some code, if yes, please add them to your project.

Please refer to the following steps:

1). Delete the Debug folder.

2). Add necessary lib files to VC++ Directories.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 06, 2017 7:04 AM