none
WCF Custom tool Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I'm getting issue when i'm trying to add wcf service reference says
    "custom tool error: failed to generate code for the service reference"
    not sure why this is coming.It worked a month ago,all of sudden this issue coming up.

i did some research and found that we need to uncheck reuse all reference types in Advance settings
    but that didnt resolve the issue.

i tried to uncheck reuse all reference types but still it was running ambiguity issues
    among classes in WCf and application.

Can anyone help me to fix this?

Thanks

Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you try updating the service or try dropping the entire service reference,  then closing Visual Studio, and reopening it again and adding it again?

If this do not work, do you have made some changes to the service?

Best Regards.

Haixia
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, February 15, 2013 5:09 AM
  • yes I did , i have made no changes to the service and also i have restarted my VS several times but still no use.

I wonder what could have happenned suddenly.

when i try to add the wcf service in another web app it is working fine but still i have to check.

any suggesstions?

Friday, February 15, 2013 12:43 PM
  • Hi,

>>when i'm trying to add wcf service reference says "custom tool error: failed to generate code for the service reference"

>>when i try to add the wcf service in another web app it is working fine but still i have to check.

Can you explain more clearly on this, what is the difference between "another web app" and the app you mentioned in your first post?

Best Regards.

Haixia
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, February 18, 2013 8:46 AM