none
Navigationform that loads a subform1 , which has button and also it also has a subform2 in it, to open selected subform2 ID item RRS feed

• Question

• So I created a navigation form, which loads my subform1 which has buttons on them, which also has a subform2 as well.

IF I just run subform 1 by itself, then have a macro that using [ID]= [Forms!][frmFSearch][Childsubform2]![ID]  works fine.... ( meaning it opens up the respective Fixture) 
    ( this is subform1 below)  Notice it has a datasheet as well as a button on top to open selected ID item

IF now I embed this form( subform1) into a navigation form, I cannot figure out how to tell the button that is on subform1 that if it is selected, grab the ID of that selected record from the list, and then open that fixture up.

I have tried:
    [ID]=[Forms]![Mainform]![Navigationform]![Subform1]![Child2subform]![form]![ID]

What happens is when I press the button, it opens up dialog and prompts for a ID, I enter it and it works fine... so it is the string of forms stuff above that is wrong....

Friday, November 10, 2017 10:08 PM

Answers

• So I figured it out...
    Depending on what you are doing a ! and a '.' have different affects on things...

So the correct answer is

[ID]=[Forms]![frmMain].[Controls]![Navigationform].[Form].[Controls]![Child2Subform].[Form].[ID]

E

• Marked as answer by cnceric Friday, November 10, 2017 10:35 PM
    Friday, November 10, 2017 10:35 PM