How to deploy HTML pages in windows azure? RRS feed

• Question

• User-1070902567 posted

How to deploy HTML pages in windows azure?

plz tell me 

Its possible to deploye only htmlpages?

Its possible give the process step by step ?

Friday, August 17, 2012 3:00 AM

Answers

• User196916123 posted

You can deploy HTML pages to Azure, but the condition I believe is you should already have an existing website for that where you will deploy the HTML pages.

http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/net/common-tasks/publishing-with-git/

You can try out the steps mentioned in the above tutorial.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, August 17, 2012 7:41 AM
  • User-2077950905 posted

You can deploy anything you like in Windows Azure Websites.

Step1: Create a WebSite in Azure (I assume you know how to do this)

Step2: Click on your website and on the right hand site you will find all you need to publish your content:

a- Download Publish Profile if using Visual Studio

b- Use the FTP hostname and the Deployment /ftp user with a program like FileZilla or any other FTP program to upload your files.

Note:

If your website uses a Database, you will have to change your connection string to the one displayed when you click :view connection strings: in Windows Azure. Also, if you used the default azure website creation process, your connection will be called "<label>DefaultConnection"</label>

<label>There are some other things you need to do if your website uses the ASP Membership provider, but I don't want to go into that unless you need the instructions.</label>

<label>Good coding!</label>

<label>Roger</label>

Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:24 AM

All replies

• User196916123 posted

You can deploy HTML pages to Azure, but the condition I believe is you should already have an existing website for that where you will deploy the HTML pages.

http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/net/common-tasks/publishing-with-git/

You can try out the steps mentioned in the above tutorial.

Friday, August 17, 2012 7:41 AM
  • User1828997928 posted

This tutorial may be a little bit overkill for something as basic as deploying html pages to a web server. If you are using azure websites you can simply ftp the files to the web server. http://blogs.msdn.com/b/avkashchauhan/archive/2012/06/19/windows-azure-website-uploading-downloading-files-over-ftp-and-collecting-diagnostics-logs.aspx

Monday, February 11, 2013 9:13 AM
  • User-2077950905 posted

You can deploy anything you like in Windows Azure Websites.

Step1: Create a WebSite in Azure (I assume you know how to do this)

Step2: Click on your website and on the right hand site you will find all you need to publish your content:

a- Download Publish Profile if using Visual Studio

b- Use the FTP hostname and the Deployment /ftp user with a program like FileZilla or any other FTP program to upload your files.

Note:

If your website uses a Database, you will have to change your connection string to the one displayed when you click :view connection strings: in Windows Azure. Also, if you used the default azure website creation process, your connection will be called "<label>DefaultConnection"</label>

<label>There are some other things you need to do if your website uses the ASP Membership provider, but I don't want to go into that unless you need the instructions.</label>

<label>Good coding!</label>

<label>Roger</label>

Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:24 AM