MSDN subscription and AZURE VMs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, I've got an active VS Pro subscription with 45 EUR on it. The cheapest VM available is D2S_V3 which is 75 per month. Is there any way I could pick a more basic and cheaper tier?
    Wednesday, January 3, 2018 10:11 AM

All replies

• For more specialized assistance on this contact Azure Billing support, it's free, and it's the best choice for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members
    Wednesday, January 3, 2018 10:37 AM
  • Have you considered using a VM size in the Basic (rather than Standard) tier VM?

In addition, if you are not planning on using the VM 24/7, consider applying the Auto-Shutdown option (or simply shutting it down yourself when the VM is not in use)

hth
    Marcin

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 1:17 PM
  • Hello,

You can also choose the Basic VMs which is more cheaper than this.

also, if you are going to run your VM 24 hrs for a month it will not cost you that much.

Once you are done with your VM you can stop the VM.

Please Mark as Answer if my post works for you or Vote as Helpful if it helps you. Kapil Singh

• Proposed as answer by Kapil.Kumawat Wednesday, January 3, 2018 2:30 PM
    Wednesday, January 3, 2018 2:30 PM
  • Hi All, please correct me if I am wrong but the lowest possible tier for VS Pro subscription is D2. I can't see, e.g.: A0, A1. I will give it a go with the auto shutdown workaround.
    Thursday, January 4, 2018 10:18 AM
  • This should be evident from the selection of VM sizes that are available to you when provisioning a new VM from the portal.

Another possibility might be to use Azure DevTest labs offering - can you verify whether this is available in your subscription?

hth
    Marcin

• Proposed as answer by Femisulu-MSFT Wednesday, February 28, 2018 12:04 PM
    Thursday, January 4, 2018 11:27 AM