App disappeared from device after category change RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this, so let me know if it's not (and where the right place is :) ).

We have recently changed the category of our educational game/app for kids (for ASO purposes) from "games > educational" to "children + family" (which makes it an "app", not a "game" anymore). After the change, some users are complaining that it disappeared from their device.

I found a couple of threads that suggested to simply resubmit the app with an increased version number, but that doesn't seem to have helped (it didn't help some others, as well). So, is there a way to make it come back? Would it help if we submit an updated app build (the project is pretty old now, so we'd prefer not to reopen it for now)? Is it possible for the users to somehow remove the app from the device completely and then just download it again (the phone seems to think that it's installed and fails to update)?

Thanks in advance!

• Moved by Jamles Hez Tuesday, March 31, 2015 2:38 AM
    Monday, March 30, 2015 10:48 AM

All replies

• Hi DominoOne,

I would like to move the question to Submit app forum for a better support.

Thanks for your understanding.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 2:38 AM