none
msmq should storage match on sending and recieving servers RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to send a load of messages to MSMQ in transactional. Had a storage issue and we bumped up the msmq storage on the receiving machine, with storage as is (1GB default) on sending machine. We still are receiving error - "There are insufficient resources to perform this operation", and wanted to confirm if the storage should match up for both sending and receiving machines. Please let me know if you have come across a similar issue, and what should be the ideal solution.

Also, I'm using Windows server 2008 R2, so guessing it would be MSMQ 5..0

Thanks,

Friday, January 5, 2018 5:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Rohit,

Did you receive this error at sending side or receiving side? I think you need to increase the storage on the receiving error side.

I suggest you check whether link below is helpful.

# MSMQ: What can cause a “Insufficient resources to perform operation” error when receiving from a queue?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1732515/msmq-what-can-cause-a-insufficient-resources-to-perform-operation-error-when

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 8, 2018 7:52 AM
  • Hi Tao,

We had this issue on the receiving side earlier, we updated the space on the receiving side, but still received this error. We tested with updating the space on the sender side as well, and this error did not occur. Looks like this is because MSMQ tries to save messages to outbox first, which in this case causes an issue, since it exceeds the allotted space.

Thanks,

Monday, January 8, 2018 4:14 PM
  • Hi Rohit,

>>We tested with updating the space on the sender side as well, and this error did not occur.

If you only update the sender side, will you receive this error?

If you will, it seems we need to increase both sender and receiver side.

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 1:46 AM