none
Flat File Disassembler RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I have a scenario that there is a flat file containing 'n' records. I need to disassemble the file into one record per file to process it.

I have used Allow Message Breakup At Infix Root to Yes. The file is getting disassembled. But in case of a wrong file, the flat file dis assembler fails as soon as it receives a bad file without disassembling the file , which is fine. But I need to archive those invalid records. I have also set the Validate Document Structure of the disassembler to 'No'. But still it fails before disassembling.

Is there a way I can do it just by changing some configuration? Want to avoid custom pipeline component because of performance issues.

Looking forward to your early responses.

Thanks.

Regards,

Pashmeena

Pashmeena Dua Biztalk Developer

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 5:50 AM

Answers

• Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for you response. But this is Flat File Disassembler. It does not have this property Allow Unrecognized Messages but it has ValidateDocumentStructure , which I thought will work if set to False. But its still validating the structure.

Regards,

Pashmeena

Hi Pashmeena,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Are you still facing the issue, Validate document structure validate all the parts of the flat file message (header, body, and trailer) to make sure they conform to their schemas. This option reduces the performance of the Flat File Disassembler, so it is set to False by default.

Thanks,

If my reply is helpful please mark as Answer or vote as Helpful.

My blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, January 8, 2016 7:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you try setting Allow Unrecognized Messages  to True and recoverable interchange processing to true

at the pipeline dissembler .By default, the XML Disassembler does not allow unrecognized messages.

If Allow Unrecognized Messages is set to False, the following occurs:

• A message with no body or an empty/null body or with empty/null data in the body is not passed through the XML Disassembler.
    • An XML document that does not have a deployed schema associated with it is not passed through the disassembler. An error is reported and the message is suspended, if possible.
    • An XML document that has a deployed schema associated with it is processed by the XML Disassembler regardless of whether the schema is explicitly referenced in a component property or found during the schema resolution process.

Thanks

Abhishek

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 6:42 AM
  • Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for you response. But this is Flat File Disassembler. It does not have this property Allow Unrecognized Messages but it has ValidateDocumentStructure , which I thought will work if set to False. But its still validating the structure.

Regards,

Pashmeena

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 9:39 AM
  • Hi,

Could you please upload xsd and sample file?

Best regards

Rasmus Jaeger

Friday, January 8, 2016 11:35 AM
  • Hi Abhishek,

Regards,

Pashmeena

Hi Pashmeena,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Are you still facing the issue, Validate document structure validate all the parts of the flat file message (header, body, and trailer) to make sure they conform to their schemas. This option reduces the performance of the Flat File Disassembler, so it is set to False by default.

Thanks,

If my reply is helpful please mark as Answer or vote as Helpful.

My blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, January 8, 2016 7:28 PM