error 1311 installing Office 2007 missing .cab file

Question

• I just purchased a student edition yesterday. It installed fine on a new computer running Vista, but would not install on a year old laptop running XP with a previously loaded Office 2003 student verson.  the message was "source file not found E:\PA561401.cab" That sounded like the source file was missing from the istall CD. Just in case, I tried reinstalling and repairing the old 2003. Now, when I try to update with the 2007 version, I get a window saying that the installation encountered an error and installation was canceled.
    ???
    Friday, September 14, 2007 4:30 PM

Answers

All replies

•  

Hi Andy,

This forum is for Visual Studio Team Test.

For problems with Office setup you can use this: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.office.setup&lang=en&cr=US

Hope it helps

Guillermo Serrato

VS Team Test

Friday, September 14, 2007 6:19 PM
  • I have the same problem and tried to access that link and couldn't.    I have a new Vista laptop that has my old Office 2003 installed.   When I tried to load my new Office 2007, I got that same error 1311.    HELP!!!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 2:34 AM
  • Has anyone figured this out?  I downloaded Office 2007 and when I tried to install it I get this error 1311.  Because I got this through a promotion, I don't get any support and I'm really stuck.  Help.  Thanks.
    Thursday, November 22, 2007 3:26 AM
  • You can get it here:  http://www.harrythompson.com/ZF561407.CAB.htm

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 4:24 AM
  • Not exactly replying, just desperately looking for a place to download and install "PA561401.CAB" so that I can go ahead and install Office Outlook 2007. Any info would be desperately appreciated.
    Monday, April 21, 2008 10:29 PM
  • Have downloaded PA561401.CAB.  Can you tell me where to install it please.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 3:55 PM
  • I had the same issue, but on a desktop. I ended up copying the CD to a flash drive and then loaded that on the XP machine and started 'setup' from the flash drive. The message asked did I want to repair. OK and the install was successful. I then downloaded any current updates available. Hope this helps. It worked for me.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 2:39 AM
  • I had similar trouble installing Microsoft Office 2007 Professional from a disk.  My solution was to download and install a trial version of Microsoft Office 2007 for small business (I'm sure any version willl work fine though) and once that was installed, I was able to install from my disk no problem.
    Friday, September 26, 2008 9:39 AM