Setting Debug Browser for WPF Browser Applications RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone,

I am running Chrome as my default browser for web applications, and I also have Internet Explorer and Firefox installed on my development machine.  I would like to use IE9 to debug WPF browser applications in Visual Studio 2012.  However, when I start Debug of an XBAP file in VS2012, Chrome opens up and will not process the XBAP file properly.

I have read all of the guidance in this forum dating back to 2006 regarding how to work around this issue, but none of these workarounds solves my problem. The best recommendation seems to be to change my default browser to IE system wide, which I do not want to do because I frequently debug web applications that are deployed on Chrome.

It is a little unbelievable to me that this problem has not been addressed in 3 versions of Visual Studio.  Is there any new guidance as to how to fix this issue so that I can debug web applications in Chrome, but debug WPF XBAP applications in IE without having to jump through hoops every time I switch project types?

Thanks for your help.

Walt Smith Senior Architect

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:31 PM

Answers

All replies