{partition} in blob output path RRS feed

• Question

• When will it be possible to include {partition} in blob storage path?

According to the new portal, It's supposed to be possible, but when I include it, I'm not allowed to save the output.

It seems the path verification isn't up to date with the information text of the path field.

Friday, December 18, 2015 10:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Yes, the path pattern information is misleading, we don't support {partition} in the blob output path pattern.

Can you please describe the scenario for which you need to include {partition} in the output?

Thanks,
    Kati

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 9:08 PM

All replies

• Hi TTLied,

Are you seeing any error or no records inserted in blob storage?

If you are seeing any error can you please paste it here.

Thanks

Sudhir Rawat

Monday, December 21, 2015 8:18 AM
  • There are either errors or records, since I am not allowed to include {partition} in the path. That means I can't save the output config, and can't use it in the job. The path field displays "!" with the message that only {date} and {time} are allowed in the path.
    Monday, December 21, 2015 8:28 AM
  • To be clear; what I'm trying to do, is to create a blob output from the analytics job, which includes {partition} in the path. According to the path information, this is possible, as shown in picture:

But, including the {partition} variable is not supported, according to the path validation routine, as shown in picture:

So it looks as if only parts of this feature has made it to the portal yet.

Monday, December 28, 2015 10:09 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Yes, the path pattern information is misleading, we don't support {partition} in the blob output path pattern.

Can you please describe the scenario for which you need to include {partition} in the output?

Thanks,
    Kati

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 9:08 PM
  • How about just use supported {date} and {time} to come up with the following structure?

year=2016
        month=08
            day=10
                hour=05
                hour=06

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 4:02 PM
  • Tracking the request for nested folders that match the Hive convention where the column name is included in the folder name. Vote here in the feedback site.

https://feedback.azure.com/forums/270577-stream-analytics/suggestions/16425214-stream-analytics-blob-output-path-to-match-hive-pa

Didn't get enough help here? Submit a case with the Microsoft Customer Support teams for deeper investigation - Azure service support: https://manage.windowsazure.com/?getsupport=true For on Premise software support go here instead: http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance

Thursday, September 29, 2016 9:02 PM