Location of $(MSBuildExtensionsPath32) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is there anyway I can see where $(MSBuildExtensionsPath32) points to?

I tried echo $(MSBuildExtensionsPath32), echo $MSBuildExtensionsPath32, echo %MSBuildExtensionsPath32%, but it doesn't act like a environment variable like, for instance echo %windir% would.

I also tried searching through the registry, to no avail.

Thanks,

Eric

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 8:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Please consult your question to MSBuild forum. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/msbuild/threads/

Best Regards,

Larcolais

Larcolais Gong[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Larcolais Gong Tuesday, January 11, 2011 11:06 AM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 6:54 AM
  • Hi Eric,

I just had the same question and found the anwser. It's usually this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild (on Windows 64 Bit)

or C:\Program Files\MSBuild (on Windows 32 Bit)

Further details: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms164309.aspx

Ralf

• Proposed as answer by Brian Lowe Tuesday, June 6, 2017 12:31 PM
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 11:37 AM
  • Hi MSDN support. It's very very stupid to ask OP to resend a new request in a different place. It's not your job make issues goto the close state, OK? You should make the issue really closed, I mean really fixed. The MSDN forum is publicly to everyone, not your Corporation private forum. You guys don't have a correct service attitude.
    • Edited by Zhang.Pei Thursday, June 12, 2014 9:19 AM
    • Proposed as answer by t.treesap Wednesday, December 4, 2019 4:03 PM
    Thursday, June 12, 2014 9:17 AM
  • You can set a new enviroment variable for MSBuildExtensionsPath32 and it will really works. The fact is:

If the envvar MSBuildExtensionsPath32 exists, the specified value will be used; Else will use the MSBuild installation folder as its default value.

• Edited by Zhang.Pei Thursday, June 12, 2014 9:25 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Zhang.Pei Thursday, June 12, 2014 9:25 AM
    Thursday, June 12, 2014 9:24 AM
  • Appropriate thing to do would have been to answer the question, and then direct to the other forum for next time.
    Thursday, December 17, 2015 3:37 PM
  • @Larcolais terrible response.  if you linked to a specific thread that answered the question i would understand, but you're basically asking us to dig through an entire forum.
    • Edited by FistOfFury Monday, March 20, 2017 4:11 PM
    Monday, March 20, 2017 4:10 PM
  • Hi MSDN support. It's very very stupid to ask OP to resend a new request in a different place. It's not your job make issues goto the close state, OK? You should make the issue really closed, I mean really fixed. The MSDN forum is publicly to everyone, not your Corporation private forum. You guys don't have a correct service attitude.

I 100% agree with this statement. This sort of thing is all over the MSDN forums and is why everybody goes to stack overflow instead.
    Wednesday, August 1, 2018 3:05 PM
  • Need to set MSBuildExtensionsPath32 system variable to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\BuildTools\MSBuild
    Bug: https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/465815/msbuildextensionspath32-is-not-added-to-system-var.html
    Friday, February 22, 2019 12:55 PM