Win8 developer exe file disappears from hard drive after downloading

Question

• Hello there: I have a curious situation here.....before I get the opportunity to try to burn this file to disc, as soon as I attempt to go into the folder where the file has put itself (*note*...this is NOT the directory where I instructed the file to go as per my browser dl settings))...the entire file just dissappears from my hard drive without any help from me. I've dl'ed the file twice & twice this has happened. any thoughts?? my current op/sys is Win7 Update: I've now attempted 4 times. Each time the DL begins, the file does NOT go into the default *downloads* folder I created thru my web browser, the exe file goes into the temp folder in appdata within 7. After the dl finishes, before I can get into that temp folder to burn to disc, the file has disappeared altogether. I know that the file went there because the size of 7 has increased by the developer program size and then 7 shrinks back to it previous size after the file disappears. What IS going on here??
    • Edited by 55trucker Monday, November 21, 2011 2:30 PM
    Sunday, November 20, 2011 4:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• Are you getting any error message during or after download?

Are you using any download manager? What is the name?

Where are you downloading the file from? 

Monday, November 21, 2011 3:32 PM
  • Are you getting any error message during or after download?

Are you using any download manager? What is the name?

Where are you downloading the file from? 

No, no errors, during or after the dl is finished. Has me baffled, one can watch the dl progress with the downloads windows of Firefox, the file IS dling, the size of Win7 is growing as the file comes in. After the dl completes....the download window closes, I then go to the temp folder in appdata in win7 (where the file has put itslef) and by the time I get there the file has auto erased itself. Puzzling to say the least. I dl'ed the iso file directly from Microsoft's Dev center - Metro style apps. ........http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/br229516
    • Edited by 55trucker Tuesday, November 22, 2011 1:17 AM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 1:02 AM
  • Your source of download is correct, regarding this issue . If you have Internet Explorer 9, try download using IE9 download manager and browse location to desktop. Or use a download manager software to download it.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 12:02 PM