Can't we save "Data Compare" / "Schema Compare"

Question

• I just started using Database Professional and it is a cool and great addition to VStudio. Thanks for all the efforts!

Coming to the actual question: Is there any way to save Data Compare? My scenario is, once the target database is build, I need to check the static/reference data status. I am able to do this using Data Compare but couldn’t figure out a way to save the list of tables / setting for later use.

My apology if this has been answered on this forum. I have failed to search any post related to this.

Thursday, September 21, 2006 4:06 AM

Answers

• We don't have that ability in V1.  Hopefully we'll get that in a later release.
    Thursday, September 21, 2006 6:11 PM
  • Thanks for confirming Chuck!
    Friday, September 22, 2006 3:36 AM

All replies

• We don't have that ability in V1.  Hopefully we'll get that in a later release.
    Thursday, September 21, 2006 6:11 PM
  • Thanks for confirming Chuck!
    Friday, September 22, 2006 3:36 AM
  • Has this feature been implemented in DBProf 2008??

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 7:56 PM
  • In the GDR release that will be coming soon (a CTP is currently available here), we did add the ability to save schema compare settings, but not data compare settings.  So if you are running Visual Studio 2008 RTM, you cannot save either schema compare or data compare settings.

If you can, please check out the CTP of our upcoming GDR - it contains quite a few new features.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:38 PM
  • Saving the Data Compare options (similarly to creating a .scmp file from Schema Compare) is still not in SSDT for Visual Studio 2010/2012 for SQL Server 2012.  Opened a connect ticket here:  https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/798251/ssdt-save-data-compare-selections

• Edited by bulldog___ Friday, August 23, 2013 12:25 AM
    Friday, August 23, 2013 12:23 AM