Resume Fraud: Is it me or is it increasing???? RRS feed

• General discussion

• As an architect in my company I am responsible for reviewing resumes and doing a lot of interviews.  Lately the amount of resumes I have been getting that have false information on them has been amazing.  80-90% of them.

This blog goes into the detail of our latest adventures.

My question here is:  "Has anyone else been noticing an increase, or are we just on a very bad long run of frauds???"

My shortest interview was yesterday. It took 4 minutes.  We asked about 5 things on the resume and the candidate had done none of them.  The answers were: "That was a mistake and I shouldn't have had it on there", "They did all of that before I got there, so I didn't really do it", when asked what tool they did there Sequence diagrams in they said VSTS2005, and on and on and on….

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 11:15 PM

All replies

• I don't see as high a percentage as you do but I see more than I used to.  I think all the new privacy rules have made it much harder to check out resumes so people think they can get away with a little exageration.  I usually see what you talked about - people taing credit for anything that happened in the company while they were there whether they were involved or not.
    Friday, April 20, 2007 5:20 AM