none
Exchange 2010 SP1 CA server on Windows Server 2008 R2 removes necessary permissions on OAB folder during reboots RRS feed

• Question

• Note: I apologize if this is the wrong forum...if there's a better one, please direct me there.

I have an Exchange 2010 SP1 server (running Windows Server 2008 R2) with the latest rollup (RU4, but that will be removed tonight due to the KB2581545 issue).  It has the Client Access & Hub Transport roles installed on it,

Every time the server reboots (for an update or whatever), the IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool user's permissions are removed from the OAB folder that provides the basis for the OAB virtual directory.  This causes Outlook clients to hang up trying to download the OAB, and they don't get email unless they manually cancel send/receive, and then it hang again during the next Send/Receive.

I can write a script to replace the necessary permissions when the server reboots if I have too, but it there any fix or change I need to make to keep this from happening?

Thanks

Steve
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 3:54 PM

Answers

All replies