none
Change SSL Distinguished Name (CN) RRS feed

• Question

• I just purchased an SSL certificate (through Azure) for an Azure web application living at myapp.mydomain.com, and i made the CN mydomain.com. Can I use that certificate for multiple applications under that domain? Or do I need to somehow "rekey" the certificate to be for myapp.mydomain.com?

Monday, April 24, 2017 11:50 PM

All replies

• Are you referring to using the same SSL certificate for multiple subdomains of your Web App? If so, the following blog address this requirement.
    https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/blog/azure-websites-and-wildcard-domains/
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 8:24 PM
  • No, I need to change the CN for a certificate I have already purchased so I can associate it with my app service. When I try to do it now, I get the following error:

"No certificates match the selected hostname" (Apparently I can't upload a screenshot to this post because my account isn't verified.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 7:26 PM
  • What certificate type did you choose? Standard or Wildcard?

• Edited by Md Shihab Sunday, May 7, 2017 10:16 AM
    Sunday, May 7, 2017 10:10 AM
  • Standard
    Monday, May 8, 2017 2:50 AM
  • any update on this?
    Wednesday, May 10, 2017 3:21 PM
  • There is no way to change the common name for your Standard Certificate. You'll have to purchase a new certificate with the desired name (or buy a Wildcard certificate).
    Thursday, May 11, 2017 4:10 AM
  • That's so unfair. What if some one accidentally entered wrong info and would like to correct it?

Thanks Henry http://www.RedandBlueGraphics.com

Saturday, March 2, 2019 11:43 AM
  • Bopuri, please open a free billing support ticket as soon as possible. If approved they might instruct you to delete the old certificate and issue you a refund or credit to purchase the proper cert. Please note that this message is not a promise of a refund/credit. Only the billing team has the empowerment to approve or deny a refund/credit request.

Navigate to this link and select 'File an incident' to start this process.

Monday, March 4, 2019 6:35 PM