Lumia 1520 Screen Sensitivity/Phantom Tap Bug RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Now that MS owns Nokia is Microsoft aware of the large number of Lumia 1520 users that are experiencing the issue known as the swipe/tap bug, where a swipe motion on the screen is interpreted by the phone as a tap? It is also referred to as the screen sensitivity or phantom tap issue.

Many solutions have been suggested including:

• Updates to the Nokia Touch and Glance system apps
    • Updates to Nokia Extras & Info system app
    • Reducing screen sensitivity
    • Turning off Glance
    • Uninstalling the Touch and Glance apps using the "date trick"

For most users none of the above have eliminated the problem completely. From my experience with the issue (my own phone has had a replacement screen partly as a result of this problem, but that didn't help) I am of the opinion that it is a software bug, possibly activated by specific API calls, however opinions vary. The fact of the matter is that this problem has been noted since the release of the 1520 and there still isn't a satisfactory fix six months later.

Is Microsoft working on a solution to this bug? Does anyone know of a temporary workaround that I haven't listed?

Would Microsoft or Nokia care to engage in a discussion with their customers about this long running issue? So far the silence from Nokia on the subject has been deafening despite a very long thread dedicated to the issue on their own support forums!

Thanks

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 7:40 AM

All replies

• Hi

Now that MS owns Nokia is Microsoft aware of the large number of Lumia 1520 users that are experiencing the issue known as the swipe/tap bug, where a swipe motion on the screen is interpreted by the phone as a tap? It is also referred to as the screen sensitivity or phantom tap issue.

Many solutions have been suggested including:

• Updates to the Nokia Touch and Glance system apps
    • Updates to Nokia Extras & Info system app
    • Reducing screen sensitivity
    • Turning off Glance
    • Uninstalling the Touch and Glance apps using the "date trick"

For most users none of the above have eliminated the problem completely. From my experience with the issue (my own phone has had a replacement screen partly as a result of this problem, but that didn't help) I am of the opinion that it is a software bug, possibly activated by specific API calls, however opinions vary. The fact of the matter is that this problem has been noted since the release of the 1520 and there still isn't a satisfactory fix six months later.

Is Microsoft working on a solution to this bug? Does anyone know of a temporary workaround that I haven't listed?

Would Microsoft or Nokia care to engage in a discussion with their customers about this long running issue? So far the silence from Nokia on the subject has been deafening despite a very long thread dedicated to the issue on their own support forums!

Thanks

Hi there

I am also having the same problem here (Indonesia, Jakarta). I have asked Nokia Indonesia, they didn't even admint that nokia lumia 1520 has this problem. By the way we haven't got the latest firmware update until now (1028.3562.1407.1001). What should i do to fix my lumia 1520 touch screen over sensitive problem?

Thanks

Saturday, June 14, 2014 5:48 AM