How to show the progress when populating controls with a winjs.xhr request. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am populating controls on different pages using winjs.xhr which will connect to a REST web service and download data. Then this data is populated in different controls.

What I would like to is to show a progress bar before the operation starts and end it as soon as the operation ends. This will let the user know that he has to wait for the data to download and populate the controls.

In Windows Mobile 5/6 we had this cursor.hourglass and cursor.current to give the visual cue to the user. How can I do the same thing in Windows 8 Metro applications.

And on the last page I am pushing all the data via REST to the back end database. I would like this page to show till the operation completes, display a message box and then navigate to another page. But it does not happen since it is an async operation and the message box is displayed after the new page is shown.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 10:31 AM

Answers

• Hi M,

There are several variants of Progress controls in WinJS that you can use as a visual indicator.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Anne Jing Thursday, December 12, 2013 5:41 AM
    Thursday, December 5, 2013 1:15 AM