Entity Framework for In Memory Capability Tables and SPs in SQL Server 2014 RRS feed

• Question

• Can I make EF6 work with Memory-Optimized tables and SPs. Thanks in advance.
    Tuesday, July 1, 2014 4:30 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Although SQLServer 2014 uses the Built-in in-memory technology, it is still a database which can work with Entity Framework. Do you have try to connect to the Windows Azure database? It could choice the SQLServer 2014 using the Built-in in-memory technology described here, we can connect to this database using Entity Framework as SQLSever 2014 or others.

If I misunderstand, please let me know.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Fred Bao Monday, July 14, 2014 7:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fred Bao Monday, July 14, 2014 7:16 AM
    Wednesday, July 2, 2014 2:44 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Although SQLServer 2014 uses the Built-in in-memory technology, it is still a database which can work with Entity Framework. Do you have try to connect to the Windows Azure database? It could choice the SQLServer 2014 using the Built-in in-memory technology described here, we can connect to this database using Entity Framework as SQLSever 2014 or others.

If I misunderstand, please let me know.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Fred Bao Monday, July 14, 2014 7:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fred Bao Monday, July 14, 2014 7:16 AM
    Wednesday, July 2, 2014 2:44 AM
  • this link: "SQLServer 2014 using the Built-in in-memory technology described here,...."

is unrelated to SQL Server and Entity Framework.

i think the "root of the question" is when would a developer expect to use the full capabilities of in-memory (whatever) from SQL Server (wherever, i.e. Azure, local, etc.)

Rob

Rob K

Monday, December 22, 2014 8:07 PM