none
app.manifest - turn on all operating systems? RRS feed

Answers

• Hi DavidThi808,

>>If we support all version of Windows, should I uncomment this section to say so?

You could uncomment and it would not effect the application currently. But, it would be better do not change it if you do not have any special requirement. This will help Windows deliver greater compatibility in future versions of Windows as well.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by DavidThi808 Tuesday, November 6, 2018 12:14 PM
    Tuesday, November 6, 2018 8:13 AM

All replies

• Hi DavidThi808,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, what do you mean turn in all operation systems?

According to your description, if you want to turn on high-res processing, you could use the app.manifest file. If you do not want to turn on high-res processing, you could uncomment the settings. I do not understand uncomment the setting for each version.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 1, 2018 6:14 AM
  • Hi Wendy;

My question is about this section:

<compatibility xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:compatibility.v1"> 
          <application> 
            <!--This Id value indicates the application supports Windows Vista functionality -->
              <supportedOS Id="{e2011457-1546-43c5-a5fe-008deee3d3f0}"/> 
            <!--This Id value indicates the application supports Windows 7 functionality-->
              <supportedOS Id="{35138b9a-5d96-4fbd-8e2d-a2440225f93a}"/>
            <!--This Id value indicates the application supports Windows 8 functionality-->
              <supportedOS Id="{4a2f28e3-53b9-4441-ba9c-d69d4a4a6e38}"/>
            <!--This Id value indicates the application supports Windows 8.1 functionality-->
              <supportedOS Id="{1f676c76-80e1-4239-95bb-83d0f6d0da78}"/>
          </application> 
      </compatibility>

If we support all version of Windows, should I uncomment this section to say so? Or is it better to leave it all commented so it will then assume all versions, including future versions?

thanks - dave

What we did for the last 6 months - Made the world's coolest reporting & docgen system even more amazing

Thursday, November 1, 2018 4:17 PM
  • Hi DavidThi808,

>>If we support all version of Windows, should I uncomment this section to say so?

You could uncomment and it would not effect the application currently. But, it would be better do not change it if you do not have any special requirement. This will help Windows deliver greater compatibility in future versions of Windows as well.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by DavidThi808 Tuesday, November 6, 2018 12:14 PM
    Tuesday, November 6, 2018 8:13 AM