are there any Calendar control like Metro Calendar

• Hi all,

I design an educational app and I need to use a Calendar like Metro Calendar , I found some Calendars but trail like devExpress. so any suggestions to design a calender like this or are there any samples for calendar control and why most of Jquery calender doesn't compatible with metro.

thank You

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 10:37 PM

All replies

• There are no built-in Calendar controls similar to the Calendar app. You can however use a DatePicker: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh465480.aspx if it helps. For a full fledged grid-style Calendar, you will have to implement something yourself.

Wednesday, March 06, 2013 12:45 AM
  • Srry I'm new to metro.First I'll use a DatePicker Control then I will implement my grid. How I could bind between them ??

another question are there any jquery calendar available for metro..

thank you for ur help

Wednesday, March 06, 2013 9:45 PM
  • When I said that you need to implement a grid, I meant to say that you will need to create a grid that has individual boxes (rows and columns) with date numbers in it and the click of which will handle selection of that date. The DatePicker control is a built-in control in HTML so I don't quite understand what you meant by "how I could bind between them"?

Thursday, March 07, 2013 1:04 AM
  • I mean after creating the grid shall I add put the date with each box individually or there are a method to link between this boxes and the DatePicker ???

or if I want to use any jquery calendar will be easier ?

• Edited by Ruezaki Thursday, March 07, 2013 7:24 AM
    Thursday, March 07, 2013 7:07 AM
  • The DatePicker is a built-in control and the grid calendar you are implementing is independent of the DatePicker. Why do you want to link the custom calendar control with the DatePicker since you are duplicating functionality? The DatePicker lets you select a Date and the Calendar control you will implement will do the same, so I don't quite understand the point of linking them together.

For jquery, I don't know. You can probably check the jquery forums if there are any built-in calendar controls.

Thursday, March 07, 2013 8:05 PM
  • I want to link to use dates in the DatePicker (i.e from 2000 to 2015)

and create one box (grid item) and duplicate it to the end of the DatePicker date i.e 2015

in addition to if I want to get specific date without going on the calendar just use the DatePicker.

Thursday, March 07, 2013 9:33 PM