Download whole backup data from Beginning to End RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team

I would like to download COMPLETE BACKED UP DATA from Azure storage account to local external drive from the begining to end.I currently have 1.2 TB data over 6 months and after download ,I plan to delete my azure storage account .Because I have setup this account as GRS and I would like to change into LRS now.

I prefer to have my previous backup data on external drive and create new LRS account.

Please advice me,how to download whole backed up data to external drive from the beginning

Thank you

SC

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 11:17 PM

All replies

• If the main purpose is to change the geo-replication type of your Azure Storage account then you can simply change it from the Azure Portal, Azure PowerShell or one of the Azure Storage client libraries. There is no need to backup the data locally.

Note that if you change from GRS to LRS, there is no additional cost, but your data is deleted from the secondary location.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Proposed as answer by Md Shihab Wednesday, March 7, 2018 3:52 AM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2018 2:58 AM