[Edge Extension] Troubleshooting the submitted appx Package RRS feed

• Question

• When we submitted our Edge Extension to the Windows Store, we were rejected with the feedback: 

"The app's core functions are not usable. The extension does not activate or appear in the extension list in the Edge browser."

However, it does appear in the list when I sideload it with Add-AppxPackage in Powershell. I can sign it and install it. It also works from the Load extension button inside Edge. 

I did noticed that the extension doesn't appear immediately in the Extensions list when Edge is launched. Instead, it takes a few seconds, sometimes longer for it to appear. Is this expected behavior, or was that the reason we were rejected? (This is a ported Chrome extension, packaged with ManifoldJs instructions here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/extensions/guides/packaging/using-manifoldjs-to-package-extensions)

Thanks for the help,

Mike

Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

Since you can make sure it works well when you sideload your package, you could host a video to demonstrate that the function of your app is usable. You could attach the video link at the Notes for certification section in your next submission so that tester can see it.

Besides, I notice you post a comment below this article to ask if the delay appearing in Extension list is the expected behavior. Please feel free to update here if the contributor replies to you.

You can also create a support ticket through your developer account to ask for more details about the certification.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 11, 2017 7:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

Since you can make sure it works well when you sideload your package, you could host a video to demonstrate that the function of your app is usable. You could attach the video link at the Notes for certification section in your next submission so that tester can see it.

Besides, I notice you post a comment below this article to ask if the delay appearing in Extension list is the expected behavior. Please feel free to update here if the contributor replies to you.

You can also create a support ticket through your developer account to ask for more details about the certification.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 11, 2017 7:18 AM
  • Thank you for the answer. Your suggestion worked; we resubmitted the extension with a video of it working, and it was approved.  

The installed app from the Store works perfectly without any delay.

Thanks again!

Sunday, August 20, 2017 4:53 AM