none
when I change project data source the VS2015 add new Settings.Designer.vb file

Question

• Hi All.

When I change data source in the VS2015 project and run to debug it, I get new Settings1.Designer.vb file to Settings.Settings folder of project.

One file has one Data Source and other file has another Data Source. How to avoid that?

Thanks.

• Edited by zleug Friday, August 05, 2016 6:52 PM
    Friday, August 05, 2016 6:21 PM

Answers

• Hi zleug,

I create a sample VB WinForm application and add a DataGridView control which used to bind data source. No matter how I change the data source for the DataGridView control, there always one Settings.Designer.vb file in my project. Please share the detailed steps about how do you change data source in your VB project? I will try reproduce it in my side.

I'm using Visual Studio 2015 with Update 3. Please check whether your Visual Studio has the latest update installed.

In addition, please make sure you are changing the data source, not add a new data source in your project.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 08, 2016 5:41 AM