none
Getting "Database error" on Wordpress hosted site

Answers

• Turns out the database had be 'de-provisioned' for some odd reason... Thankfully they managed to restore it before it was flushed from the backup sets.

- Jarle Nygård -

• Marked as answer by Jarle Nygård Monday, January 21, 2013 1:19 PM
    Monday, January 21, 2013 1:19 PM

All replies

• When I've seen this before, its cause was exceeding the maximum number of connections allowed by ClearDB. It could also be caused by exceeding the database size limit.

To find out what's going on, you should contact ClearDB. You can do that by browsing to http://www.cleardb.com/contact.html.

Jim Cheshire | Microsoft

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:50 PM
  • Ok, so assuming that ClearDB will fix this somehow, should you guys allow us to fix these things ourselves? Pretty poor support for mySQL based applications atm.

- Jarle Nygård -

Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:57 AM
  • Since the problem is almost certainly caused by exceeding the allowances on the free ClearDB database plan, the solution will likely be to pay for a higher-level plan with ClearDB. They can help you with doing that for your existing database. Based on the error, I think your issue is that you are exceeding the maximum number of simultaneous connections.

Thanks for your input on this. I will forward this feedback to the appropriate folks here.

Jim Cheshire | Microsoft

Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:44 PM
  • Still no reply from ClearDB... This should be handled better by both of you...

- Jarle Nygård -

Monday, January 21, 2013 9:11 AM
  • Turns out the database had be 'de-provisioned' for some odd reason... Thankfully they managed to restore it before it was flushed from the backup sets.

- Jarle Nygård -

• Marked as answer by Jarle Nygård Monday, January 21, 2013 1:19 PM
    Monday, January 21, 2013 1:19 PM