Old tiles display strangely when upgrading my app.

Question

• Hi,

I meet a strange thing about tile notification of my app. My operations are:

1, Install ole version app and schedule some tiles.

2, At the same time, install new version app. In new version app, the tile's background color is changed from manifest file.

Then I find that two kinds of tile display on start screen, one with old background color and the other with new background color. It's strange...

This case does not repeoduce every time. I want to know y.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 2:38 AM

All replies

• There is a known race condition for a "similar" (not the same) issue where multiple secondary tile notifications updates are scheduled using the EnableNotificationQueue functionality. I am not sure if you are running into this type of a race condition. Does this issue go away if you introduce a delay when updating the tile?

If you can provide a simplified repro, it will be useful to analyze and confirm.

Here's the related thread of the race condition issue: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/3a5a7c12-d8fd-4b13-b107-477efe3cbdc2/secondarytile-isnt-updated-correctly-when-notification-queue-is-enabled?forum=w81prevwCsharp

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:19 PM
  • Hi, 

Sorry so long to reply.

I don't think it's a same issue. Because my app does not have secondary tile. I repro my issue using MSDN Sample and I will represent the detail process below:
    1, Download the Sample code and package from my SkyDrive(notice: the code is modified from MSDN Sample: App tiles and badges sample(windows8), just change several lines of code);

2, Install version 1.0.0.0 package, run the demo, select menu "2) Send tile notification with local images" and click[Send tile notification with local images] button several times to schedule some tile notification;

3, Quickly, upgrade version 1.0.0.1 package and watch the start screen, you will find two style of tile notification displays, one with blue background and the other with green background...

• Edited by Lattimore Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:28 AM
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 1:15 AM
  • Thanks, I will look into this and get back to you...

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 1:03 AM