none
Install "SMB 1.0/CIFS Client" feature inside container RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone.

I have an XP machine that i want to be able to connect over SMB1. And i though of a thing which is enabling of the "SMB 1.0/CIFS Client" windows feature inside container. But i couldn't achieve this goal.

When i ran the command "Install-WindowsFeature FS-SMB1-CLIENT" there was any problem. It was enabled. But message mentioned me to restart the computer.

And i have restarted the computer with "shutdown -r -f -t 10" and have run the command "Get-WindowsFeature", the status of "SMB 1.0/CIFS Client" turn back to "Available" but not "Installed" interestingly.

And i have investigate something on the windows docs, they says "SMB1 Server Removed" because of reducing the size of image. When i run "Install-WindowsFeature FS-SMB1" i got following error.

Install-WindowsFeature : The request to add or remove features on the specified server failed. 
    Installation of one or more roles, role services, or features failed.
    The source files could not be found. 
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on 
    specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077. Error: 0x800f081f

In this case, how can i install "SMB 1.0/CIFS Client" feature inside container?

Friday, October 16, 2020 8:17 AM