gestureRecognizer RRS feed

• Question

• I use a gesutreRecognizer to control picture box images on a panel.  The target control is the panel, and the scroll event handler calls a method for the up, down, left and right scroll directions.  This works well most of the time, but eventually the gestureRecognizer stops working.  If I (programatically) set the target control to null and then reset it to the panel (while the program is still running), all works fine again.  I have watched when this happens, and the gestureRecognizer target control property actually remains set properly when the gestureRecognizer stops working.  Also, the last good scroll event shows a proper set of data (Kind, coordinates, angle, velocity) and the keyboard will run the program.  It's just the gestureRecognizer that stops working.  I am using VS 2008 and C# for WM 6.5.3.  Any insight?

Rudee

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 8:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• What is the repro steps? (This link shows you what information should be included in the repro steps.)

I think you'd better check out Mobile Managed Gestures Sample. There is a discussion board in the page where you may get help from the authors directly (still, do not forget to post the repro steps). 

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    Friday, May 14, 2010 8:48 AM
  • Thank-you, Mr. Tang, for reiterating your rules of engagement.  However, they would require me to "repro" the entire program.  I have studied the video, downloaded the dll and and implemented gestures just as described by Mr. Struys.  It works fine...99% of the time.  The gesture recognizer just stops working at random points, requiring the target control to be re-initialized.  I haven't yet observed this behavior on the emulator...only on an HTC-HD 2.  All I am asking for is information on any similar anomalies that may provide insight.  Thanks again...Rudee.
    Sunday, May 16, 2010 11:49 PM
  • ... for anyone that's interested... Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Gestures.dll doesn't work properly.  BrianPAdams has a solution that, so far, seems to be working.  The dll needs to be modified and re-built.  http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/gestureswm/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=2453 ...thank-you Brian.

Rudee

• Marked as answer by warrentang Friday, May 21, 2010 2:37 AM
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 7:49 PM
  • do u think it's possible for u to send me the rebuilt dll? i'm facing problems of same kind and dll projects are something that i've never played with.

thanks in advance

Sunday, June 27, 2010 8:35 AM