Unable to Profile Test when using Fakes RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to profile a unit test, in Visual Studio 2015, using right click-"Profile Test" from the Test Explorer Window.

The test fails with

Test Name:	My.Test.Should
    Test FullName:	My.Test.Should
    Test Source:	C:\src\My\tests\My.Test\Tests.cs : line 25
    Test Outcome:	Failed
    Test Duration:	0:00:00.377

Result StackTrace:	
    at Microsoft.QualityTools.Testing.Fakes.UnitTestIsolation.LibraryMethods.GetProcAddress(IntPtr hModule, String functionName)
       at Microsoft.QualityTools.Testing.Fakes.UnitTestIsolation.LibraryMethods.GetFunction[T](IntPtr hModule, String functionName)
       at Microsoft.QualityTools.Testing.Fakes.UnitTestIsolation.IntelliTraceInstrumentationProvider.Initialize()
       at Microsoft.QualityTools.Testing.Fakes.UnitTestIsolation.UnitTestIsolationRuntime.InitializeUnitTestIsolationInstrumentationProvider()
       at Microsoft.QualityTools.Testing.Fakes.Shims.ShimRuntime.CreateContext()
       at Microsoft.QualityTools.Testing.Fakes.ShimsContext.Create()
       at My.Test.Should()
    Result Message:	Microsoft.QualityTools.Testing.Fakes.UnitTestIsolation.UnitTestIsolationException : Failed to get address of function SetDetourProvider from library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Team Tools\Performance Tools\vsperfcorprof.dll'.

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 3:15 PM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Thanks for your posting here.

I reproduced this issue in my machine with vs2015 and vs2017. However this issue persists though I tried many ways.

So I have reported this problem to the MS Product Team and you can vote for it and add comments to share more details about it.

After that, please be patient waiting for the response from the VS Product Team Engineers. If it gets more votes, the product team experts would look at this.

Thank you for your understanding and sorry for this inconvenience.

Best Regards

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 24, 2019 10:04 AM