Error_30_Object reference not set to an instance of an object._ASPNETCOMPILER RRS feed

• Question

• User1380149492 posted
    Hi,
    when I try to deploy web project I got this error:
    Error 30 Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ASPNETCOMPILER
    ---------------------------
    Microsoft Visual Studio
    Cannot open the file 'ASPNETCOMPILER'. The document cannot be opened. It has been renamed, deleted or moved.
    OK

.Net framework 3.5 sp1,
    vs 2008 sp1.

I can't deploy my project :-(
    Friday, December 26, 2008 3:22 PM

All replies

• User372121194 posted

Hi,

If we create a simple test website and add Web deployment project, does it have the same issue?

To troubleshoot this issue, we can show detailed build output from Visual Studio by Tools>Options>Projects and Solutions>Build and Run>Select Diagnostic from last dropdownlist.

We also can try to remove files from output folder of Web Deployment project, and then rebuild.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Monday, December 29, 2008 4:21 AM
  • User1380149492 posted
    1. When I create symple test website and try to deploy it works well.
    2. I delete all files in the webdeploy folder and still has the same error.
    3. I make the configuration changes and here is the error:

Command:
        C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_compiler.exe -v /WWW.co.il -p C:\Proj\Netogreen\NG\WWW.co.il -u -f -c -fixednames .\TempBuildDir\
        The "AspNetCompiler" task is using "aspnet_compiler.exe" from "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_compiler.exe".
        Utility to precompile an ASP.NET application
        Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

It complise few files and:

ASPNETCOMPILER : error ASPRUNTIME: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
        The command exited with code 1. 

As i wrote before 2 other machine has no problems to deply this project.

the only different between these machine is that I don't have .net framework 2.0 install(I can't see it on the add remove programs) on the problematic machine ( I have 1.1  & 3.5), Do I need to install ,net framework 2.0 ?

Thanks,

Yoav Barel

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 9:43 AM
  • User372121194 posted

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Can we find aspnet_compiler.exe from "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\"? .Net Framework 3.5 should install .Net Framework 2.0. For testing, we run that command from command prompt (start->run->input "cmd"->click OK).

If it also has the same issue, we can try to install .Net Framework 2.0.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thursday, January 1, 2009 10:24 PM