none
Image renditions in SharePoint 2013 without cropping original Image RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In our site i have created Image renditions for Images.

After applying the rendition id to image the original image is getting cropped by default.BUt i want to display the exact image with specified width and height.

Any idea why it is cropping after applying the rendition id for the image.In this way the image info is getting lost.

Please help.

Regards,

Poovi

Thursday, March 23, 2017 7:23 AM

All replies

• Hi

check if  crop rendering option is configured in your asset library

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj720398.aspx#Crop

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 7:47 AM
  • To crop an image rendition on a page

1. Verify that the user account that is performing this procedure has Write permissions to the asset library where the image is located.

2. In a browser, go to the SharePoint site that contains the image.

3. On the Page tab, choose Edit.

4. Select the image that you want to crop.

5. On the Image tab of the ribbon, in the Select group, choose Pick Rendition, and then choose Edit Renditions.

The Edit Renditions page displays a preview image for each image rendition that is defined in the site collection.

6. Locate the image rendition that you want to change, and then choose Click to change.

7. In the Crop Rendition window, use the image tool to select the portion of the image to use in the image rendition.

8. Choose Save.

Source :MSDN

Thursday, March 23, 2017 9:45 AM
  • HI,

In your reply you have mentioned how to crop the image in image rendition.

But my question is how to avoid cropping by default in image rendition.I want the original image without cropping in any of the size.

am using image rendition with various size and when i apply image rendition id to html the original image is cropped and showing.so the image is lost with original.

Please help.

regards,

Poovi

Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:04 AM
  • Hi Poovi,

In this case, i would suggest you suggest you to create new rendition and maintain image aspect ratio while creating the same.

i.e. if original image size is 1272 W* 480 H, Ratio would 1272/480 = 2.65

If you want to avoid cropping by default in image rendition, you should create the image rendition so that the ratio aspect should be same. i.e. if you try image rendition with 583 W * 220 H, ratio would be same 583/220 = 2.65, so it will not crop the image and image info will not be lost.

Thanks. Please don't forget to mark it as an answer if it helps.

• Edited by Jaydeep Mungalpara Thursday, March 30, 2017 12:30 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Sumeet V Saturday, December 30, 2017 5:22 AM
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 12:05 PM
  • HI Jaydeep,

Thanks for your reply.

I understood what you said.But while creating Image rendition we are allowed to give width and height alone right?

For example in my case i have created one image rendition with width-190 and height 156.

I used that id in my image +"?RenditionID=7" + like this.

Can you please explain the way how to implement this ratio for the specified width and height?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Poovi

Friday, March 31, 2017 7:10 AM
  • Yes Sure, Can you help me with original image width and height?

Thanks.

Saturday, April 1, 2017 2:32 PM
  • Hi,

For example in my case i have created one image rendition with width-190 and height 156.

Poovi

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 12:02 PM