none
ReportViewer displaying nothing but prints fine RRS feed

• Question

• I have a number of reports which have some quite bizarre results through the reportviewer control.

We are feeding to 500 client sites reporting content from reporting services to Analysis Services cubes through the report viewer control on a web page.

Certain reports from these sites (though at my site the report always works fine) will open the report but the report will visibly display no data. However, if the user clicks F5 or just prints using the print option on the toolbar, data is displayed or printed successfully.

I have tried using AsyncRendering to true and the same odd behaviour occurs

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this or need further information to help diagnose the issue

Below is the code used to refresh the reportviewer control
    Thanks for any help
    Paul

ReportViewer1.ServerReport.Timeout = 60000

ReportViewer1.ProcessingMode = Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ProcessingMode.Remote

ReportViewer1.ServerReport.ReportServerUrl =

New Uri(Session("ReportXML").ServerAddress)

ReportViewer1.ServerReport.ReportPath = Session(

"ReportXML").Report(CInt(ddlReports.SelectedValue)).URLPath & Session("ReportXML").Report(CInt(ddlReports.SelectedValue)).title

ReportViewer1.ServerReport.ReportServerCredentials = mycred

ReportViewer1.ShowExportControls =

False

oArrayList = GetParameters()

ReDim oArray(oArrayList.Count - 1)

For i = 0 To oArrayList.Count - 1

oArray(i) = oArrayList(i)

Next

ReportViewer1.AsyncRendering = False

ReportViewer1.ServerReport.SetParameters(oArray)

ReportViewer1.ZoomPercent = 100

ReportViewer1.ShowParameterPrompts =

False

ReportViewer1.DataBind()

ReportViewer1.ServerReport.Refresh()

ReportViewer1.ShowReportBody =

True

ReportViewer1.SizeToReportContent =

True

Friday, November 27, 2009 2:31 PM

All replies

• I have got round this issue by setting AsyncRendering to false for all reports.

However, this causes issues of its own. Regretably now the report doesn't have an indication to the user that the report is rendering.

Can anyone offer any solutions for displaying a gif while the report is rendering

I cannot work out how I can do this without an event indicating page load completion

ie. show processing gif while report is loading. Once page is loaded hide gif and display reportviewer control

Any help would be amazing as i have wasted days on this so far

Thanks

Tuesday, December 1, 2009 9:24 AM