none
Still not possible to add a working ComboBox to a DataGrid? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to know if is still (after LS 2012 release) not possible to add a WORKING custom ComboBox to a LS DataGrid.

LightBoom

Friday, December 21, 2012 10:33 AM

Answers

• Ahh, an "unverified" account. Fair enough. That makes sense then.

As for the Combobox, it sounds to me like it works, you just don't like the behaviour? LightSwitch does quite a bit of work for you with its out-of-the-box controls, especially in a data grid.

Perhaps you could try creating it as a control extension? That might give you more control over the behaviour?

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

Please click "Mark as Answer" if a reply answers your question. Please click "Vote as Helpful" , if you find a reply helpful.

By doing this you'll help others to find answers faster.

Saturday, December 22, 2012 12:12 PM

All replies

• Who said it's not possible? What have you tried? What "doesn't work"?

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

Please click "Mark as Answer" if a reply answers your question. Please click "Vote as Helpful" , if you find a reply helpful.

Friday, December 21, 2012 2:28 PM
  • Hi Yann,

I did the following unsuccessfull trials:

1) Created a silverlight class with a custom control from a xaml;

2) Created a custom combobox transforming a standard autocompletebox in a windows combobox.

I sorted out all the problems relating to binding properties in xaml for case 1) and in created event for case 2), so the custom controls works but not perfectly. I'll explain you better, they are displayed, but at beginning without contents, then 1st click and the datagrid row is selected, but still no content, 2nd click and seems no action at all, 3rd click and the drop down is opened, please see the image on Combobox in Custom Control sorry for the spaces but I'm not allowed to insert links...

So seems to me to be a lightswitch runtime problem...

LightBoom

• Edited by LightBoom Friday, December 21, 2012 8:27 PM
    • Edited by Yann DuranModerator Saturday, December 22, 2012 12:15 PM Tried to fix strikethrough
    Friday, December 21, 2012 8:27 PM
  • You're the second person to say that they haven't been able to add a link in a reply. Were you using the "Add Link" button, or just pasting the link in directly? Using the button is much more helpful to people reading the thread than pasting a link in directly anyway.

And what happened? Did you get an error message? If so, can you give the error details here, so it can be reported & fixed.

Saturday, December 22, 2012 5:02 AM
  • Hi Yann,

when I press submit the error Msgbox tell:

Body text cannot contain image or links until we are to verify your account

P.S.

News about custom combobox in datagrid?

LightBoom

Saturday, December 22, 2012 11:14 AM
  • Ahh, an "unverified" account. Fair enough. That makes sense then.

As for the Combobox, it sounds to me like it works, you just don't like the behaviour? LightSwitch does quite a bit of work for you with its out-of-the-box controls, especially in a data grid.

Perhaps you could try creating it as a control extension? That might give you more control over the behaviour?

Saturday, December 22, 2012 12:12 PM