none
Dispatching Status and Error collection source advice RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I have a WPF application running on Windows 8 which is build on different DLL which refers to physical device handling like a payment system, a motor control, a ticket printer.. A customer request is to be able to dispatch outside the application ( could be a web site, could be a remote database...), the status and potential error message of each devices.

Each devices library has it's own way of collection status and errors, meaning by that is the Status information and errors are not the same for all devices.

My approach was to have each DLL which send Status information and Errors to a local WCF service and respective endpoint (hosted as an NT service), then the WCF service will be in charge to dispatch received status and error message outside.

Does that architecture could work or do you have better idea ?

regards

Monday, October 20, 2014 8:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

For this situation, you could try to use the Broadcasting Events with a Duplex WCF Service. Within the scenario, WCF service as the central point to broadcast events to all other connected clients. All other clients will get a real time notification whenever an event occurs on any of the clients.

For detailed information, you could refer to:

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/596287/Broadcasting-Events-with-a-Duplex-WCF-Service

Regards

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 3:21 AM
  • Thanks for your reply

I doubt that this will work because client are not necessary windows based client.

My first concern is from the local application running a local PC.
    As I mention I have one DLL per physical device. I need to be able to collect all devices status every minutes.

The question is more like :
    Does the status should be send by each device DLL every minutes, or do I need to have a separate local  service which request status of each device every minutes ?

regards

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 8:06 AM