ASP.NET 1.1 + 2003 Server + open Word document = InteropServices.COMException(0x800A13E9) There is not enough memory. Save the file RRS feed

• Question

• User-115974665 posted

Hi all

I can't open a word document from asp.net. I get this error:

InteropServices.COMException (0x800a13e9) There is not enough memory. Save the file.

I get the error in the line 6 of this code:

1    private object missing= System.Reflection.Missing.Value;
    2     ...
    3    Word.Application wordApp;
    4    wordApp = new Word.Application();
    5    Word.Document wordDoc;
    6    wordDoc = wordApp.Documents.Open(ref fileName,ref missing,ref missing,ref missing,ref missing,ref missing,ref missing,ref missing,ref missing,ref missing,ref missing,ref missing,ref missing,ref missing,ref missing,ref missing);

The code works OK with XP Professional, but crashes with a Windows 2003 server. I checked that there is a lot of free memory so it does not seem to be a real memory problem.
    I guess this problem may be due to Security issues, as I had many problems to allow the Word component to be used from my process in the 2003 server: I configured the Word DCOM component with the utility DCOMCNFG and granted all the Security options to the right users. Before doing this the application crashed in line 4 of the previous code with an 'Access denied' error.
    The application uses impersonation and Windows authentication, the users running the process are Windows domain users.

(Note: I know that using DCOM Word in a web application is not quite good but I have no chance to change the architecture so I'm not considering this solution).

Thank you for your help.

Thursday, March 1, 2007 6:55 AM

Answers

• User-115974665 posted

I found a solution: DCOMCNFG tool /... / DCOM components / Word document / properties / last tab (Identity): select option 'Interactive user' instead of the default option Launching user'. After this change the error was gone.

Thanks,

Diana

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 5, 2007 3:40 PM

All replies

• User-115974665 posted

I found a solution: DCOMCNFG tool /... / DCOM components / Word document / properties / last tab (Identity): select option 'Interactive user' instead of the default option Launching user'. After this change the error was gone.

Thanks,

Diana

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 5, 2007 3:40 PM
  • User-1066132778 posted

Thanks. 

Monday, May 17, 2010 4:06 PM