Filter by services? RRS feed

• Question

• User1932552905 posted

Hello,

Is it possible to filter users by the available services they have?

Like what would be the LDAP filter syntax if I only want AD to return a list of Exchange users ?

Wednesday, July 4, 2007 3:47 PM

Answers

• User1588321482 posted

You would need to know of a unique attribute for that service. In the example you gave of Exchange then you could use mailNickname as this relates to the Mail alias which is given when a object is mail enabled. If yu wanted users who are mailbox enabled then use home-mdb as this is the server reference where their mailbox is located:

Therefore the filter would be:

(&(usercategory=people)(userclass=user)(home-mdb=*))

HTH

Paul

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2007 6:12 PM

All replies

• User1588321482 posted

You would need to know of a unique attribute for that service. In the example you gave of Exchange then you could use mailNickname as this relates to the Mail alias which is given when a object is mail enabled. If yu wanted users who are mailbox enabled then use home-mdb as this is the server reference where their mailbox is located:

Therefore the filter would be:

(&(usercategory=people)(userclass=user)(home-mdb=*))

HTH

Paul

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2007 6:12 PM
  • User1932552905 posted

Thanks Paul !

It worked with  (&(objectClass=user)(homeMDB=*))

Teebo

Thursday, July 5, 2007 9:09 AM
  • User1588321482 posted

Blimey I must have been tired when I wrote that other post, the filter criteria were all wrong!!

should have been (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=User)(homeMDB=*))

The reason I included objectCategory is because it is Indexed whilst objectClass is not. I'll let myself off of home-MDB as opposed to homeMDB because I have bee writing a lot of queries against Exchange 5.5 which uses home-MDB whilst AD uses homeMDB

Glad I gave you at least a point in the right direction.

Thursday, July 5, 2007 10:39 AM