Unable to find file RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When compiling I get this annoying message that tells me "unable to find C:\......\import.ico"

I used to have this file however I know I removed it from my project, how can I search for any reminisce or get rid of this
    message?

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 1:29 PM

Answers

• Under VFP dev, use the Tools | Code References menu option and search for "import.ico" this will show where the search chars are used in a project.  Don't forget to set the File Types searched to as wide as possible.

The English Bob

• Marked as answer by mikelvfp Wednesday, November 4, 2015 8:48 PM
    Wednesday, November 4, 2015 2:28 PM
    Answerer
  • Removing a file from disk and from the other/images files section of the priject does not remove all references the compiler tries to follow to find and add the fil to the project.

Searching with Code References should reveal it.

If not, open up the debugger and especially have the debugout window open, then do a build. You should get verbose messages about which files are processed and the error will be put there, too, so you can see where it comes from. It might also be the setting of the overall EXEcutable icon in the project info, if it's not in any property or code.

Bye, Olaf.

Olaf Doschke - TMN Systemberatung GmbH

http://www.tmn-systemberatung.de

• Edited by Olaf Doschke Wednesday, November 4, 2015 3:47 PM
    Wednesday, November 4, 2015 3:47 PM

All replies

• Under VFP dev, use the Tools | Code References menu option and search for "import.ico" this will show where the search chars are used in a project.  Don't forget to set the File Types searched to as wide as possible.

The English Bob

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 2:28 PM
    Answerer
  • Removing a file from disk and from the other/images files section of the priject does not remove all references the compiler tries to follow to find and add the fil to the project.

Searching with Code References should reveal it.

If not, open up the debugger and especially have the debugout window open, then do a build. You should get verbose messages about which files are processed and the error will be put there, too, so you can see where it comes from. It might also be the setting of the overall EXEcutable icon in the project info, if it's not in any property or code.

Bye, Olaf.

Olaf Doschke - TMN Systemberatung GmbH

http://www.tmn-systemberatung.de

• Edited by Olaf Doschke Wednesday, November 4, 2015 3:47 PM
    Wednesday, November 4, 2015 3:47 PM
  • thanks guys, I found it via code reference :)

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 8:48 PM