Is it possible to get A2DP and Headset Profile events in Windows Phone 10 App? RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on the Application where i need to get the notification regarding Headset profile and A2DP events at the time when my Windows Phone 10 is paired with 

any Classic Bluetooth devices and BLE devices both. I have tried with AudioEndPoints but i think it does support only with BLE devices like Bluetooth Headphones.

Any help will be appreciated, thx.

Friday, July 1, 2016 11:52 AM

Answers

• Sorry for the later response,  here is the suggestion you can try which I got from my team.

Maybe you can use custom pairing that enables your app to participate in the pairing process. You can register PairingRequested event and check pairing status. You will also be responsible for creating your own user interface to interact with the user as needed. More information is here. Sample code is here.

Best Regards, Sunteen Wu

• Edited by Sunteen Wu Monday, August 1, 2016 2:03 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Sunteen Wu Friday, August 5, 2016 9:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Barry Wang Monday, August 8, 2016 1:38 AM
    Monday, August 1, 2016 1:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Best Regards, Sunteen Wu

Monday, July 4, 2016 7:03 AM
  • Thank you for taking interest in this question. 

Regards

AppDevN

Monday, July 4, 2016 11:12 AM
  • Hi,

I would be really greatfull if you find something on this question. I am unable to get any success on this as of now. 

I am confuse whether windows phone does give support for these events or not? No documentation is available. 

• Edited by AppDEvN Monday, July 25, 2016 11:21 AM
    Monday, July 25, 2016 11:15 AM
  • Sorry for the later response,  here is the suggestion you can try which I got from my team.

Maybe you can use custom pairing that enables your app to participate in the pairing process. You can register PairingRequested event and check pairing status. You will also be responsible for creating your own user interface to interact with the user as needed. More information is here. Sample code is here.

Best Regards, Sunteen Wu

• Edited by Sunteen Wu Monday, August 1, 2016 2:03 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Sunteen Wu Friday, August 5, 2016 9:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Barry Wang Monday, August 8, 2016 1:38 AM
    Monday, August 1, 2016 1:57 AM
  • Thankyou Sunteen Wu for your response.

Earlier we have put this functionality on hold and now taken it up again. This was possible through Device Watcher. The class can detect every hardware device connected with the device and give status on the App. 

Thanks again.

• Edited by AppDEvN Thursday, November 3, 2016 9:55 AM
    Thursday, November 3, 2016 9:55 AM