none
BizTalk Party Configuration RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

As a newbie to BizTalk EDI I am really confused about Party set up & ISA GS segment association.

We will receive EDI 204 4010 x12 customer specific format from customer. This will be mapped to in house standard 204 4010 and that in turn will be mapped to 204 3050 that is currently used by TMS system.

I have configured party as a sender, receive port, receive location, send port.

I have configured another party as receiver.

Finally i am getting some output file 204 4010 with 997 Ack.

997 has the correct ISA and GS segment but 204 the original file shows global party property.

I am not sure what I am missing so that i can see the original ISA / GS that was sent by the party.

For testing purpose i am using FILE location at both ends.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,
        Did you associated your send port(that is sending the original file) with the party?

Thanks
    Gyan
    If this answers your question, please mark it as "Answered".
    • Marked as answer by cruxkrish Wednesday, May 27, 2009 7:49 PM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 5:11 AM

All replies

• It looks like your party is not configured correctly, did you follow the steps as per the examples:

Eric Stott [http://blog.biztalk-info.com] - Mark as Answer if this reply does.
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:10 PM
  • Hi,
        Did you associated your send port(that is sending the original file) with the party?

Thanks
    Gyan
    • Marked as answer by cruxkrish Wednesday, May 27, 2009 7:49 PM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 5:11 AM
  • Thank you all for your time & help.

I have one receive port / receive location for customer with inbound map and send port with outbound map that will create 204-3050 for our TMS system.

Created customer party and did setting for party as sender and receiver for 997 Ack.

Send port is attched to the one party defined and did setting for party as receiver.

We have to back up original file we picked up from customer FTP location.

How can i do that in BizTalk especially when i have inbound map?

Thx in advance.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 7:54 PM
  • Is there any way you can configure a Party programmatically? I am newbie. it will be a great help you can guide me.
    Sravan Kasyap
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 9:00 PM
  • In the following thread we are discussing this problem:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/biztalkediandas2/thread/901115bb-139d-46b1-8a5d-192de2b972f3

Thanks
    Gyan
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 10:23 AM