none
Mysite RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

We need your help in resolving one issue in one of the SharePoint Applications (i.e. MYSITE) that we are supporting.

Actual Functionality : MySite application having two tabs, One is MyHome and MyProfile tab. If you go to MyProfile Tab, there you will find Collegues listed over. If you open your collegue's MySite or just click on name it will redirect to your collegue's profile page.

Issue: If you open the your collegue MySite or just click on name it will not redirect to your collegue profile page. Its giving "Access Denied" error.

Please find an overview of the Application : We have three SSPs (A, B and C) in which we have three separate Web Applications (WebApp1, WebApp2 and WebApp3). Users whose first name falls between A-H, their site collection will be there in SSP A (i.e. in WebApp1) Users whose first name falls between I-N, their site collection will be there in SSP B (i.e. in WebApp2) Users whose first name falls between O-Z, their site collection will be there in SSP C (i.e. in WebApp3) As per our analysis, the issue is : A person in SSP A is not able to view the MySite Profile page of any colleague in SSP B or C. A person in SSP B is not able to view the MySite Profile page of any colleague in SSP A or C. A person in SSP C is not able to view the MySite Profile page of any colleague in SSP A or B.

For example, I belong to SSP C, so when I try to access Profile Page of my colleague present in SSP A/B, by clicking their names in My Profile Page Organization Hierarchy (MySite -> MyProfile Page Organization Hierarchy), I am getting "Access Denied" Error.

If you have any suggestions to resolve this issue, kindly share the same with us.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 7:01 AM

All replies