none
About performance RRS feed

• Question

• I consider performance for some operation like defining fluent validation in CodeFirst and I want to make sure about that Defining these properties in MSSQL. I think that Code first validations charges more weight  and given feedback does not faster than msql.

Best regards

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 11:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Unclear. Not sure what kind of validation you are talking about. It doesn't seems to me that "client side" validation and "sql server side validation" really serve the same purpose.

For example if you want to validate that a percentage is between 0 and 100 you could have this rule in the db to ensure that even by going directly to the db (or using another application on the same data etc...) no one can enter invalid data.

Still you likely want to validate this client side to give immediate feeback without waiting for this data to go server side and do complex things such as trapping a constraint failure.

If you have performance concerns, your best bet is to try in your own situation. If this is some other kind of validation, please be more explicit.

Please always mark whatever response solved your issue so that the thread is properly marked as "Answered".

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 11:53 AM