What is the XNA substitute for Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Line? RRS feed

• Question

• I was just looking through some of my old Managed DirectX projects trying to convert various parts to XNA and figuring out how to draw a line in XNA was one thing that I'm not having an easy time converting.

I started to go down the path of using DrawPrimitives and was able to get a line drawn on the screen but I had no control over. It seemed like the fact that I got a line at all was more of a fluke than anything because I was just setting parameters to see what they changed without really understanding what each one meant.

Has anyone else been playing around with drawing lines to the screen and want to share the method they used? I'm going to keep playing with it, but I've gotten about as far as I'm going to without discovering some new information that makes a solution click for me, so feel free to offer up any advice at all to point me in the right direction.

Thursday, August 31, 2006 2:41 AM

Answers

All replies

• You may want to try this thread, they are discussing the same thing: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=682797&SiteID=1
    Thursday, August 31, 2006 4:39 AM
  • LOL, I apparently was a part of that thread but I didn't even realize that's the question he was asking. Re-reading his original question, I can see that the answer that I gave him didn't really suit the question and he indeed is asking for the same thing I am now.

My sincere apologies for a double-post.
    Thursday, August 31, 2006 5:33 AM